General thoughts during the review.

Discussions for NIM Administration
Sakufake

General thoughts during the review.

Post by Sakufake » January 21st, 2016, 6:53 pm

Hi.

Having some thoughts of multiple different areas of the software, so posting this here rather than breaking into different sections of the forum.

We have just received the 30 day trial to our company and I’m currently reviewing the NIM. Based on short tests I’ve encountered few areas which seem to need some improvement from my point of view.

Thought of sharing these right away and appreciate input of developers and happy to know if there’s a plan to improve these in future.

(disclaimer: some points of the list might just be lack of my knowledge of the software at this point)

The List

- Contacts list seems to be heavily towards artist contacts. I can choose the type: company, but would assume to be able to include personnel contacts under the company (ie. a producer). Also would be good to be able to add billing info for each company if they are our clients (this could be just a text box to input the info).

- In the bid the client info needs to be hand typed every time. Would be useful to have possibility also to select from drop down list of company contacts if it’s an old client of ours. (Typed in contact list before)

- There seems not to be possibility to add VAT line in the bid document (ie. +VAT24%) (someone mentioned about this here in forum)

- In Schedule -> Users page I can make planning for artists and select projects, but all in one color based on location color. Would be good to be able to select colors for projects and in this view each event would be shown as it’s project color (if project selected for the event). Improves clarity.

- In Schedule -> Users page in a month view the calendar scrolls automatically to most left when created or modified an event. Everytime after the change I have to scroll back right side of the month if the event is end of the month. (Using Chrome browser on MAC)

- Would be good if alternative to PDF output could also have an option for Excel output. (Bid, shot list, calendar, edit review notes)

- Some more PDF (and Excel) output would be welcome. Such as Job list page, Tasks, project overview page… Often useful for print outs or other needs.

That’s for starters. I’m going to explore and study more, so I'll be back here another day. I like the ease of use and setup, but some more functionality is in my wish list at the moment. Would hope to hear about future plans and roadmap.

Best regards,
Saku Partamies - Fake

andrew
Site Admin

Re: General thoughts during the review.

Post by andrew » January 21st, 2016, 7:19 pm

Hi Saku,

Thank you for your feedback. These are all great points and many areas that we already know need further development. I'll answer your comments in order below.

Contacts List: I agree this is a very rudimentary implementation of a contact list. Our goal for Contacts is to create a structured tracking center that will allow for things like tracking freelancer information across multiple companies (ie. freelance agency producers) and include correspondence notes so users can see when and what the last discussions regarding this contact were. This would trickle over into bids as well...

Bid Client Info: As we progress the contacts list we will have the ability to add multiple existing contact info to a bid, whether that is a company or individual or both. The overall goal is to be able to look from a birds eye view of all bids associated with a particular contact, track rate history on bids, or analyze how much money was generated from a particular source.

VAT: We have included VAT to bids in our current beta. This has not rolled into the release build as of yet but we would be happy to have you update to the beta if you would like to see how this feature is implemented.

Schedule Event Colors - This has been a request from several clients and is something we are currently implementing.

Schedule Users Scrolling - This among some other UI "nuances" are things we are working on fixing to make using the Schedule a better overall experience.

PDF & Excel output - Fully agree that we need more output options and this will be something we include in future builds.

I really appreciate the feedback and please let us know if there is anything we can do to help your trial period.

Cheers,
Andrew

Sakufake

Post by Sakufake » January 25th, 2016, 6:54 pm

Thanks for the response. Looking forward to see these improvements.

Do you have the plan for any updates within next month? Would be good to see some of these or other improvements already during our trial period.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » January 26th, 2016, 12:11 am

The main item that is currently implemented in the beta is VAT appearing on bids. Additionally we are making several updates to Bidding, Timecards, and Scheduling that will also appear in the beta and overlap with your requests. We do not have a fixed date as of yet for the next official version update but you are more then welcome to download the beta and review any of the new features.

If you would like beta access please email sales@nim-labs.com with your forum username.

-Andrew