shot notes

The HTTP & Python API
thomas
shot notes

Post by thomas » November 15th, 2019, 10:26 am

Hi,

I'm pretty new to NIM, so please excuse my ingorance.
Is there a way to read/write shot notes through the python API?

Also I noticed nim_api.get_user() returns the OS user which might be different from nim_prefs.get_user() (which is the case for us atm).

cheers,
Thomas

andrew
Site Admin

Re: shot notes

Post by andrew » November 18th, 2019, 10:09 pm

Hi Thomas,

There currently is not an API function to read/write shot or tasks notes via the API. The API is largely centered around file management in communicating with 3rd party apps, so barring a few exceptions, it is not designed to be a replacement for the UI tools.

That being said, there are functions to read/write review notes as well as upload whiteboard drawings on those notes.

If this is something you require in your pipeline we can add it to the feature request list and incorporate this into the API in an upcoming release.

The get_user() function does return the current OS user. The get_user() function in nim_prefs returns the current user saved in preferences. These are not meant to return the same user.

Cheers,
Andrew

thomas

Post by thomas » November 20th, 2019, 12:07 pm

We run addRender from inside nuke, and I thought it would be nice to be able to write a short note on submission that is directly visible in the shot overview window. Nothing serious.
Thanks for the get_user clarification. I'll keep on exploring....

cheers,
Thomas

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » November 21st, 2019, 4:31 am

Got it. I've put it on our feature request list to add to the API.

Cheers!
Andrew