C4D - fileOpen

Discussions related to all NIM connectors.
kaiserlicht

C4D - fileOpen

Post by kaiserlicht »

Hello,

We want to connect C4D to our nim pipeline but we get some errors on the file open dialog. Saving, version up is working without any problems but if i´m opening the saved scene i got this message

"Sorry, specified file path does not exist."

Any suggenstions on this ?`

cheers,
alex

andrew
Site Admin

Re: C4D - fileOpen

Post by andrew »

Hi Alex,

Can you tell me what version of the NIM VM and connectors you are using? Also what version of C4D are you using? C4D had a bug with their API in a single specific build of R18. Not sure that this has anything to do with that but would be good to rule out.

Was the version you are trying to open saved from the same operating system or is there a path translation happening? When you select the version in the Open dialog does the Filepath that displays below the dropdown appear correct?

Are you successfully using the connectors with other software or is C4D the first connector you are using?

Thanks,
Andrew

kaiserlicht

Post by kaiserlicht »

Hey Andrew,

It´s Cinema R19.053 Build RB224935
Nim: 2.8.41

The version was saved and tryed to open from the same operating system (workstation). - Windows 10 Pro

We are using nim for Softimage, Maya and Houdini without any problems.

The Path for the scene below the Open Dialog is correct. Comment, date and user seams also to be correct displayed.

cheers,

alex

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew »

Hey Alex,

We're going to do some quick tests here to see if we can recreate the issue. In the meantime, in C4D can you open the Script/Console window and then try to open the file using the NIM/Open menu option. Then copy the output in the console and post it or send directly to us at support@nim-labs.com.

Thanks,
Andrew

kaiserlicht

Post by kaiserlicht »

hello andrew,

I´ve send an email to support@nim-labs.com As you can see it´s missing one Folder in the path to open the file. In the Opener window it´s correct displayed but in the real opening path it´s missing.

Thanks,

alex