After Effects CC 2017 API error

Discussions related to all NIM connectors.
jsalas

After Effects CC 2017 API error

Post by jsalas »

Hello everyone,

We've just received our licenses and everything is installed and running great with the exception of the After Effects connector (and the SMTP settings but I will address that a little later).

For some reason, when loading the Nim Panel from Window>NIM.jsx, the "change user" dialog box pops up immediately. I've tried canceling out and it goes to the preferences window but says "The NIM API was not found at given URL; please provide a valid URL to NIM's API."If I close that window, a final error message comes up stating "Your files won't be connected to NIM until you have a valid preferences file."

It' s bit confusing because Photoshop, Maya, Houdini and Nuke all load without any issues and are able to connect to the API URL. Are there any thoughts as to what could be the issue? Short of entering all the information in the nim_prefs.py file manually I'm not sure what else to try.

Thanks in advance for suggestions or possible solutions! We're really excited to evaluate NIM!

Cheers,

andrew
Site Admin

Re: After Effects CC 2017 API error

Post by andrew »

Hi,

What version of After Effects are you using? Every now and then Adobe seems to make an update that affects our connectors. We'll take a look at this immediately and if is indeed a connector issue get an updated posted asap.

Thanks,
Andrew

Kyle

Post by Kyle »

I just looked into this a bit and wasn't able to recreate the scenario you're describing on the latest version of After Effects (2017.2 Release, Version 14.2.1.34) for Mac OSX 10.11.

Could you let us know both your AE version and the operating system you're using?

Thanks!

-Kyle

jsalas

Post by jsalas »

Hi Kyle and Andrew,

I'm sorry for the late reply. We are using After Effects CC 2017.2 and Windows 7 pro. It looks like an isolated issue. The plug-ins work fine on other Windows and Mac workstations and their softwares.

The affected workstation and software is Windows 7 pro and After Effects CC 2017.2. After Effects immediately opens with a "change user" dialogue box when going to Window>NIM but says that this user does not exist. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the connectors as well as copying the nim preferences file from a functioning system and editing the user name but as soon as I launch I get the same error.

Thanks,

Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Thanks for that info. Strange that it's only happening on that one machine... I would guess it might not have access to the API for whatever reason, but that can't be true if the other connectors are working on the same machine.

Have you tried entering usernames for a few different users that exist in NIM to be sure it isn't recognizing any of them?

I'll take another look at the code to see if I can figure out another scenario that might cause this.

Thanks,

-Kyle