Scheduling: can't add events

Discussions related to task tracking, assignment, & scheduling.
quang.tran

Scheduling: can't add events

Post by quang.tran »

Is there a bug with event creation in scheduling? I can't create events by double clicking.
Checked the process in Safari, Chrome, Firefox on OSX 10.12.6 using NIM version 2.6.80.170719.

Kyle

Re: Scheduling: can't add events

Post by Kyle »

Do you see a + button in the top right of the scheduler? If not, you probably belong to a permission group that doesn't have the "EDIT STUDIO SCHEDULE" permission.

You can check out the docs about permission groups here: http://nim-labs.com/docs/NIM/html/gs_ad ... ion-groups

quang.tran

Post by quang.tran »

Permissions solved it. I'm test driving as admin, so I thought these options are on by default.
Many thanks.

Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Some permissions that were added more recently aren't enabled on default permission groups because we didn't want to modify groups that had already been customized by existing users. We'll need to come up with a system for keeping the default permission groups on new NIM installations up to date while not modifying permission groups of existing users when they update... but for now, it's best to check any permission groups you use to make sure all permissions are as they should be.